My photographs capture moments in the lives of underprivileged people in developing countries. I strive to combine the aesthetics and expressive power of photography with the goal of letting the world know about social, ecological and economic injustices.
Since 2005 I have produced project documentations and reportages on social and ecological themes in Africa, Asia and Latin America. My clients are aid organisations and socially concerned media.
As a geography graduate with a special focus on development geography and a former aid worker in Pakistan and Afghanistan, I am particularly familiar with this field.
Together with the Journalist Sandra Weiss I am running the cross-media agency Weko Media. We produce features about social topics in Latin America. Besides photos and text we include cross-media tools such as audio, video and webdesign to tell our stories. We got nominated for the renomated german Grimme Online-Award 2015 for our feature about reconstruction in Haiti after the earthquake: "Auferstanden als Ruine - Gewinner und Verlierer des Wiederaufbaus in Haiti".
If you have further questions, are interested in working with me, or would like to commission photographs, please contact me via e-mail. I would be happy to hear from you.
Studied Geography in Cologne
2004 and 2006:
Aid worker in Afghanistan and Pakistan
Freelance photographer based in Rio de Janeiro / Brazil
Aid Organizations / NGOs:
- Aktion Deutschland Hilft (ADH)
- Amnesty International
- Bread for the World
- Caritas Switzerland
- Christian Blind Mission (CBM)
- Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe
- German Leprosy and Tuberculosis Relief Association (DAHW)
- GIZ - Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH
- KfW - Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau
- Kindermissionswerk "Die Sternsinger"
Editorial Clients (selection):
- 2013: Nomination for the „The Innovation in Development Reporting Grant Programme (IDR)“
- 2013: Scholarship for a multimedia project about the aid efforts after the 2010 earthquake in Haiti by Kulturwerk der VG Bild-Kunst
Destinations in 2015:
- Brazil: German development cooperation, social housing, favela projects
- Mexico: Features about the tourism industry in Cancun and about Latin-American migrants heading towards the USA
- Argentina: Land conflicts
- Paraguay: Land conflicts, public health projects
- Costa Rica: German development cooperation
- Ecuador: Water and sanitation projects in Andean communities
Pictures of these and other topics can be searched in my Online Archives. For any question please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual Planning 2013*:
- February: Brazil, Rio de Janeiro
Carnival in Rio
- March: Brazil, Mato Grosso
Youth project, soccer, agrobusiness
- April: Cambodia
Public health, family planning, peace-making projects
- May: Brazil, Sao Paulo
Views of the city
- June: Bolivia, La Paz
Feature about German aid-workers and young volunteers
- July: Brazil, Mato Grosso
Feature about a German missonary who is drilling wells in Indian reservations
- July: Brazil, Rio de Janeiro
World Youth Day and the pope´s visit in Brazil
- September: Brazil, Ceará
Children project, portrait of the artist Marcos Xenofonte
- September: Haiti, Port-au-Prince and Leogane
Multimedia project about the reconstruction efforts four years after the earthquake
- October: Peru
Social and ecological impacts of the mining industry in the Andes, orphanage in Ayacucho, traditional agriculture in Andean comunities
- November: Brazil, Rio de Janeiro
German development cooperation
* Changes are possible at any time. I can be booked starting from Rio de Janeiro.